CCC – Chinese Community Center
9800 Town Park Dr. | Houston, TX | 77036
Since 1979, the Chinese Community Center (CCC) has played a leading role in welcoming newcomers to America and in creating opportunities for people of all backgrounds to contribute to the Houston community. CCC mission is to bridge East and West by enriching families with educational, cultural, and social service programs. The agency serves over 10,000 diverse families each year with programs that reach people at all stages of life—from infants to the elderly. CCC’s primary areas of service include:
- supporting the learning and positive development of at-risk, minority children
- helping people from low- and moderate-income households achieve financial stability and self-sufficiency
- helping immigrants integrate successfully into American society
- supporting healthy and independent lifestyles for older adults
- promoting cultural awareness and respect, and (6) building social capital within the community.
- Early Childhood Education Program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), focuses on helping children achieve age-appropriate developmental milestones in cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and language domains so they can reach their full potential, become independent learners and thinkers, and be prepared for school and beyond.
- Youth Program provides opportunities for at-risk, immigrant, and minority students to continue their academic, social, and emotional development during out-of-school time. Through comprehensive programming and school-based initiatives, this program helps K–12 students achieve academic success and helps parents and guardians play an active role in their child’s learning and development.
- Workforce Development Program equips motivated people from low- to moderate-income households with the skills and knowledge needed to become successful in a competitive workforce and achieve financial stability. Activities include employment counseling, skills training, financial education, housing counseling, public benefits counseling, and citizenship assistance.
- Senior Services Program aims to holistically meet the needs of older adults, people from low- and moderate-income households, and people with disabilities through a variety of services, including a day program that helps older adults remain physically active and socially engaged, caregiver training, senior employment assistance, and mental health counseling.
- Community Program offers activities and services that promote cultural awareness and provide educational and recreational opportunities for the whole family. Activities and services include yoga; tai chi; table tennis; Chinese language and cooking classes; the use of a computer lab for job searching and educational purposes; and the annual Lunar New Year Festival, which is a multicultural celebration that honors the most important holiday in Chinese culture.
|Dance Performance at the Chinese Community Center
Lunar New Year Festival Celebration on February 1, 2014.
|SHINE a Light on Human Trafficking at the
Chinese Community Center on September 24, 2013.
|Eighth Cohort of Health Information Specialist Gradation
at the Chinese Community Center on May 23, 2014.
|Certified Nurse Aide First Graduation on May 9, 2014|